CHANGE IS IN THE AIR...
After years of second-guessing November weather and enduring frigid temperatures to process fresh Thanksgiving turkeys, the decision has been made to provide you with fresh turkeys that will need to be frozen by you - in 2023.
2023 Pick Up Days for regular Thanksgiving turkey will be Saturday, Sunday, and Monday November 4-6.
Complete information about pick-up times and details will be sent via newsletter as the time draws near.
GUARANTEED SMALL TURKEYS: SOLD OUT FOR '23
In order to accommodate those looking for a guaranteed smaller size (under 16 lbs), we will process a small group of birds on October 28 These birds will need to be picked up that weekend, and frozen until Thanksgiving .
SMALL TURKEY pickup will be Saturday, October 28.
PRICE & WEIGHT
- Turkeys are $7.50/lb for certified organic, pastured birds.
- To facilitate planning on our end, if birds are ordered by April 15th the price will be $7/pound.
- A non-refundable deposit of $10/bird is requested when you place your order. If the deposit is not paid within 10 days of invoice receipt, then the turkey is no longer reserved, and the bird will revert to full price.
- Weight range is 14-25 pounds (unless ordering a Small Turkey see above) with an average weight of 16-18 pounds. See FAQ below regarding turkey weights.
- STANDING ORDERS - If you would like to reserve one for next year (with no obligation if you end up not taking it), please let us know. If you've already signed up as a Standing Order, we'll reach out to you to confirm your order, so please keep an eye out for that email.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'PASTURED'?
We brood the poults (baby turkeys) indoors for 4-5 weeks, then we graduate them to bottomless cages on pasture. They are in the cages for 1-2 weeks, which acclimates them to the outdoors and provides ample protection from the elements. When they are outgrowing the cages, (and know enough to come in from the rain!) they graduate again, this time to a moveable shelter that is surrounded by electric netting. The netting provides a much larger area for them to roam, as well as protection from any predators that might be in the area. Turkeys are aggressive foragers, packing in the green stuff with great gusto and joyful noise! The pasture diet is supplemented with certified organic grains and minerals. The result is a juicy, incredible tasting bird for you and your family to enjoy. Pasture provides, among other things, chlorophyll from the green grass. Chlorophyll is a wonderful, natural de-toxifier. Yellow fat on poultry and beef, deep orange egg yolks, and naturally yellow butter all reflect high levels of chlorophyll in the diet.
HOW DO I PURCHASE FROM YOUR FARM?
Birds are purchased on a pre-order basis (please refer to 'Ordering' section, above) and will be available in November, as noted above. We occasionally have extra/frozen birds, please email for availability.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
Cash, Check, and Venmo.
HOW/WHEN/WHERE DO I GET THE TURKEY I ORDERED?
Turkey is purchased on a pre-order basis and will be available on sale dates, as noted above. Timely Informational email reminder/updates are provided, and Pick-up times are between 4-6 p.m.on Saturday, Sunday, & Monday before Thanksgiving, at the shop at the Dairy Barn (Google Address is Cobblestone Valley Farm. Other GPS is 6609 Rt. 11 Homer NY) unless other arrangements have been made.
HOW MUCH WILL MY TURKEY WEIGH - CAN I GET A SPECIFIC WEIGHT?
Turkeys come whole, bagged and with giblets (heart, liver, gizzard, neck). Weights range from 12 - 25 pounds, with an average weight of 16 pounds.
Here's how it will work:
If you have a confirmed turkey order, as the time draws near we will reach out to you for your desired turkey weigh. You'll then let us know if you'd prefer the actual weight that you receive to be under or over the desired weight. We will do the best that we can to get you your weight within a few (couple, hopefully) pounds of what you are looking for.
DO YOU NEED A DOWN PAYMENT?
Yes - we ask for a $10 deposit at the time the bird is ordered. YOUR BIRD IS NOT ACTUALLY RESERVED UNTIL THE DEPOSIT IS RECEIVED. When you place an order for a bird, an invoice will be sent for the deposit - which is non-refundable. The exact price won’t be known until we pick out a bird for you according to your desired weight.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER PLACES THAT YOUR BIRDS ARE AVAILABLE?
No, not at this time.
CAN YOU CUT UP MY TURKEY FOR ME?
If you would like your turkey cut up, we can do it for you for a $15 service charge. If you would like to learn how to cut up your own turkey, let us know in advance and we would be happy to show you how - for free!
Cobblestone Valley Poultry Facts:
- Certified Organic by NOFA-NY Certified Organic, LLC
- Environmentally responsible agriculture
- As with all certified organic products - No antibiotics, GMO's, or hormones
- Amazingly rich, delicious taste and texture
- Raised on grass, sunshine and fresh air
- Carefully hand eviscerated
- No chlorine baths or irradiation
- You may inspect the birds at any time
- Processed right here on the farm